Driver Installation Failed
Applies to the Following Products:
- FireWire 3-Port PCI (NN-400012-S8)
- FireWire 3-Port PCI i/e (NN-440012-S8)
- FireWire 3-port PCI I/O (NN-300012-S6)
- FireWire Home DV Kit (NN-400P22-S6)
- Low Profile 1394 Adapter (LP-N21011-S8)
- DP FireWire 2-Port PCIe (NN-E20012-S2)
- DP FireWire PCIe (NN-E20022-S1)
- FireWire 2-Port PCIe DV (NN-E20112-S2)
FireWire drivers can't be found by Windows.
Windows have built-in FireWire drivers, so no additional driver installation is needed. The FireWire card may not be detected properly by Windows, to solve this issue, re-insert it into the same PCI or PCIe slot and/or move the card to another PCI or PCIe slot. In extreme cases, you may have to install the card into multiple slots before you find the one it will work best in.